Search This Blog

Freak OUT!

>> Friday, July 22, 2011

Ok, so I'm less than 7 days until c-section time!  In fact, there's only 5 days left.  And while I hate being pregnant, I'm starting to freak out a little.

It's not the c-section that's freaking me out...this will be my 3rd, so I kinda know what to expect.  I do have a new doctor this time around, though.  The doctor that delivered both of my boys decided to drop his licensing to deliver babies and is just doing gynecology now, so I had to get a new OB doctor for this pregnancy.  I had my final doctor appointment this morning and was able to schedule it with the doctor that will be doing the c-section on Wednesday, so I feel as comfortable as I think is possible with him.

It's not the recovery that is freaking me out either.  I've never had a regular delivery, but I think that c-section recovery might be a little easier.  I don't know since I can't compare the two, but from talking with friends, I think I had it a little easier than they did!

It's not the fact that we are now going to be entering the world of "pink" either.  It's no secret, I was hoping for boy #3 this time around...just because I know what to expect and they are all so close in age that I thought it would be nice for them.  But, after I found out we are having a girl this time around, I've gotten really excited about the idea.  Baby boy stuff is cute, but baby girl things are ADORABLE! In fact, the first thing I purchased for the baby this time was a couple of hair bows from my friend's Etsy Shop, Morgie Porgie Ribbon Works!

It's not that I don't have everything ready to go.  I mean, there are probably a few things that I'll need to run out to the store to purchase that I haven't thought of now.  But, the nursery is ready, I have diapers and I have a few containers of formula just in case.  So I have the eat, sleep, and poop things ready...'cause really that's all they do for a while :)

It's not even the fact that I'm going to be completely outnumbered now.  As a few of my friends have pointed out, I'm already outnumbered all day while my husband is at work...what's one more?  The boys have been playing really well together lately and Tyler has started doing "quiet time" in his room for 30 minutes or so while Ryan naps, so I typically get a little bit of a break.

I'm really not sure what it is that is freaking me out.  It's probably just the pregnancy hormones and there's nothing I can really do about that until after this baby is born...sigh.

Post a Comment