Search This Blog

Messy Boy!

>> Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ok, you would think I would learn.  Do.Not.Let.Your.Kids.Out.Of.Sight.For.Any.Length.Of.Time.  Seriously.

My 2 year old has been making messes more than normal the last week or so.  Probably because with a new baby at home, he just wants some more attention.  Which is now harder to do than ever.  My babies are wonderful sleepers, but they do still take some time during the day.

Anyway, my almost 4-year old came running to let me know that "Bro-bro got into the lotion" while I was feeding the baby.  I quickly stopped nursing and went running to see what this "lotion" stuff he was talking about because I thought I put all the lotion away.  And sharpies.  And pens.  And band-aids.  And....the list could go on and on.

As I walked into the baby's room, this is the sight that greeted me.


He had gotten into the drawer on the changing table and found the diaper rash cream.  And proceeded to smear it all over his clothes, his face and his hair.  But thankfully, he didn't smear it on anything else.

But how could I be mad at a face like this?


Then, a couple days later, he got into the spice cabinet while I was outside doing some yard work.  It was a Saturday and he was inside with daddy, so it wasn't my fault this time!

Anyway, he decided to get the cinnamon and sugar shaker out and not only sprinkle it all over the floor (that I had just mopped the day before), but he sprinkled the dog as well.  Which wasn't a huge deal except the dog decided to try and lick it off herself and then made a huge sticky mess of her hair.  Which resulted in a bath for the dog and another mop of the floor.  I didn't get a photo of the messy dog, but he's a cute shot of her.  She's a miniature schnauzer that is about 10 months old.


The best (and probably only) good thing about this?  I love cinnamon.  And now our dog smells like it :)

And, finally.  This happened a couple weeks ago.  Somewhere, somehow the boy found a pair of scissors and cut his hair.  At least, that's what Tyler said happened.  I didn't see it happen or find him with scissors, so I'm assuming he did it to himself and his big brother didn't do it.


Fortunately, because he's a boy and his hair is so blonde, it's really not a big deal.  He got a haircut the next day and I don't think anyone actually noticed the bald spot.

Despite not being able to trust them for more than 10 seconds by themselves (and probably not even that long), I love my boys!

Post a Comment