Search This Blog

Google 911!

>> Monday, June 6, 2011

So, this morning just as we were about ready to leave the house today for a fun afternoon with friends, we had an emergency. Not a medical emergency, but something that NEARLY gave me a heart attack. It involved my 3 year old, nail polish and the carpet. Not ever a good combination.


I guess my 3 year old saw me painting my toes a few weeks ago and then just this morning found my stash of nail polish. I don't have a lot of different colors, so I just keep them in one of the drawers of my jewelry armoire. I have told the boys countless times that that armoire is mommy's and they aren't to get into my jewelry, hair bands, and other miscellaneous "girly" things that are in there.

So, while I was finishing putting on my jewelry for today, Tyler decided to try and paint his own toes. While sitting in the middle of the bedroom floor. On tan carpet. Using a dark brown sparkly nail polish. "Bronze Beam" to be exact. Which I had used maybe once or twice. But now, I only have 1/2 of the bottle left because the rest ended up in a big glob on the carpet. Did I mention that it was in the middle of the room? As in, if I didn't get it out, it's not a place you could just stick a piece of furniture over and just forget about. Or hide from your husband.


So, what did I do? I googled it. And I found a good-enough answer on WikiAnswers.com. Because, after all, I was in a hurry to figure something out. So the advice I took was to use nail polish remover and water. But, a couple months ago, my other son had gotten into my cabinet (which was SUPPOSED to be child-proofed, but he figured it out anyway) and spilled about 1/2 of the bottle. I don't paint my fingernails, just my toenails, so it really wasn't an emergency to run out and get more. Except today.

I used what I had left and then poured probably a gallon of water total on it. And guess what? It worked! Well, it's slightly off color, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not a big brown hard glob in the middle of my floor.


And the worst part? I was in the room the ENTIRE time. Ugh.

So the moral of the story? When I have an "emergency" and need to respond quickly, Google is usually my first place to turn. As you can imagine, with 2 very active boys, this is not my first time using Google 911...but that's another story for another day.

Post a Comment