Search This Blog

Pinterest

>> Sunday, June 19, 2011

I discovered Pinterest.com a couple of months ago, and I really love it! Basically, it is a visual pinboard. You create "boards" of your choosing and then clip images onto those boards. The images come from pinterest.com (things other users have imported) or from any website or blog you are looking at. You install a little "pin this" button in your toolbar, and you can clip any picture to your pinterest boards. My boards are food/recipes, style, home decor, inspirational quotes, gym and fitness motivation, entertaining, organization, things I'd like to make, clothes I love, and gift ideas. I've "pinned" everything from hair styles I like to outfits to funny sayings to diy projects. And I have gotten several great recipes from the site as well. When you click on a photo, it will take you to that original blog or website, which is a great way to discover new blogs and websites. Some people say it is a huge timesuck, and I can see that it could be. I pretty much check the pinterest site itself once every 2-3 days. It's great for so many purposes and if you are really visual like me you'll love it. Below are some miscellaneous things I've pinned. And a quick tip, I was unable to install the Pin It button in internet explorer, so I used firefox as my browser instead and have had no problems with it.


Valentine's Idea:


Organization Center:
How to make a flower pin tutorial:
Cute outfit idea:
Cupcake Cones:
Healthy Eating Idea:
Beautiful Bedroom:
Peanut Butter Cup Trifle:
If you want to try pinterest, you have to ask for an invitation (you should see the button on the website) and it will take at least a couple of days. I think I also have invitations I can give away if anyone wants one.

Post a Comment