Search This Blog

Sausage Pizza Loaf

>> Wednesday, July 6, 2011




This recipe comes from one of my current favorite cookbooks, Taste of Home Almost Homemade. I will admit that I have a little addiction to cookbooks, so I'm sure it will no longer be my favorite in a week or so. I read cookbooks in bed even, I love them so much. I realize that's not normal. But I don't think I'm in need of an intervention or anything, so don't worry.

My whole family really liked this one, and it was really quick and easy.

Sausage Pizza Loaf


1 pound Italian sausage


1/4 cup each chopped onion, sweet red pepper, and green pepper


2 packages (6-1/2 ounces each) pizza crust mix


2 cups shredded mozzarella


1/2 cup chopped pepperoni


1 egg, lightly beaten


2 tablespoons grated Parmesan


1 teaspoon dried oregano


1/4 teaspoon garlic powder


In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, and peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Combine crust mixes and prepare according to package directions. With greased fingers, press onto the bottom of a greased 15x10x1 baking pan. (I just used a big cookie sheet here. I don't get too hung up on pan sizes and things unless I'm baking)


Combine the sausage mixture, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and egg; spread over dough to within 1/2 inch of the edges. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, oregano, and garlic powder.


Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Pinch seams to seal. Arrange seam side down on pan and shape into a crescent. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 mins or until golden brown.

Post a Comment