Search This Blog

Gummy Bear Bark

>> Saturday, July 30, 2011



Show me a kid who doesn't like gummy bears, and I'll show you... well, a weird kid.  I'm totally kidding!!  I am not a big fan of gummy bears myself, but in this bark I can't stop eating them.  When my mom and I visited the Savannah Candy Kitchen on our trip to Savannah last month, they had some samples of gummy bear bark.  I tried it and thought it was really good, but then saw they were out of it.  I knew my kids would love it, so I decided to make some.  The addition of the butterscotch was my idea, and I think it adds alot in appearance and flavor.  If you'd prefer peanut butter or white chocolate, just substitute those.

There really isn't a recipe, but I used half a bag of semisweet chocolate chips and 1/4 bag of butterscotch chips.  I wanted to make a really small amount.  I melted the chocolate first in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stopping to stir every 30 seconds until melted.  Then I poured it on a foil lined cookie sheet and spread it all out with an icing spreader.  Next I quickly melted the butterscotch chips the same way.  I dropped the melted butterscotch in spoonfuls on the chocolate and then used a knife to swirl, the same way you'd make a marble cake.  Then I pressed the gummy bears on top.  You have to do all this pretty quickly before the chocolate hardens.  Put it in the refrigerator until it hardens and then break up into pieces.

Post a Comment