Search This Blog

Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

>> Saturday, October 8, 2011

Source

I am totally a cookie person.  I mean, what's not to like about cookies?  Other than the fact that they directly deposit on the least preferred areas of my body...

Anyway, I almost never purchase cookies from the store.  The only kind that I like to by are the Pecan Sandies and now that they have a dark chocolate version, it's absolutely my favorite purchased cookie ever.

Back to the home-made cookies.  I get a lot of magazines and most of them have to do with food in some way whether all about food or just a large focus on food.  I've been seeing the McCormick ad for their Vanilla Chocolate Chip cookies, and so I decided to try the recipe.  Here's a photo of their ad that's been in almost every magazine that I've gotten in the mail the last 2 months. You might have seen this ad too, so I thought I would make them and post about it.


As you can tell from the photo, this is also the copy I used while baking.  Geesh...I'm such a messy cook :)  Anyway, I followed the recipe exactly except I used my Mexican Vanilla.  I would never recommend using the cheap imitation vanilla from the store.  Once you've had the real stuff, you can never go back...it just smells and tastes so artificial.  Probably because it is. Ew.

Oh, the other thing I do is use parchment paper and a Pampered Chef baking stone instead of metal cookie sheets.  These were easy and good, but not my favorite chocolate chip cookie.  I would probably rate them 7 out of 10.


As you 
Vanilla Rich Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 5 dozen or 30 (2 cookie) servings.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 10 minutes per batch
3 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups butter, softened
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 package (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.

2. Drop by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.

3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.


Post a Comment