Search This Blog

Hoagie Dip

>> Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My family had a really fun farewell-to-summer/ hello fall bonfire this past weekend with lots of yummy food.  Of course, I forgot to take pictures of everything but I'd taken a picture of this recipe when I made it a couple of months ago.

My son says it "tastes like a sub".  It's really simple.  A great football watching recipe.  I also love that I can order what I need at the deli kiosk instead of waiting at the counter for it!

I modified a recipe from 2 others I saw.  I think it originated in the Food Network magazine.

1/4 pound each deli salami, ham, and turkey (use whatever you like)
1/4 pound of your favorite 2 cheeses (I used provolone and cheddar)
1/2 to 3/4 cups pickeld banana peppers
4 or 5 pepperoncini
1/2 medium onion
1/2 head lettuce
1 tomato

Chop all the above ingredients into small pieces and mix together.

Dressing:
6 tablespoons vinegar (red wine is best, apple cider is also good)
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 teaspoons dried basil
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix dressing ingredients and pour over salad.  Mix everything up and serve immediately.  Serve in a bread bowl.

Post a Comment