Search This Blog

Triathlon Training

>> Monday, October 17, 2011

I've mentioned before that I'm going to train for the 2012 Little Miami Triathlon.  I completed my first triathlon in the spring of 2010, so this isn't my first time trying to train for such an event.

But I feel like I'm starting from scratch this time around.  Why?  Because I had baby #3 this year, and my body is totally out of shape.  Plus, it's been much tougher recovering from c-section #3 as well.  I'm not sure if it's because it's #3, if it's because my kids are so close together (21 months and 25 months between), because I'm older or because of the new doctor I had this time around.  In reality, it's probably a combination of all the above.

So, my goal this time around is to basically do a "couch to 5k" from now until the end of the year.  That will be the basis of my training program to start the actual Triathlon training in January.  I'll do a series of posts starting in January about my training process and tips, but I recently found that Active.com has a whole section for triathletes!  Check it out here: http://www.active.com/triathlon/beginners/.  I even found a great article on how to pick a training plan.

Post a Comment