Search This Blog

You Just Run.

>> Monday, October 10, 2011

So, last night I took my first run of the year.  Yes, I said year.  And it is October.  Ugh.  Yes, I did complete a triathlon last year.  Two of them, in fact.  But in early December of last year I found out I was pregnant with #3.  I did a spinning class over winter, but I didn't go on any runs.  Why?  Because I hate to run.  I have never seen the point in just running.

But, alas, my body is holding on to about 20 pounds more than I would like.  And running is a good way to help me reach my goals.  And I've committed to myself (and a partner) to complete the 2012 spring Little Miami Triathlon.  I'm also planning on completing the 2012 Flying Pig 10k.  And in the near future, I'm hoping to play a little indoor soccer.  Because soccer is running with a purpose ;)

source
Last night I made it 1.75 miles in just over 22 minutes.  Not my best time ever.  Nothing to brag about, really.  But I did it.  And it's a start.  And you have to start somewhere, right?!

Post a Comment