Search This Blog

Workout Plan

>> Monday, March 11, 2013



Basically, the wheels have fallen off my workout plan in a major way.  Two weeks ago,  I did weight training (at home with dumbells) 3 times and ran on the treadmill 4 times, 45 minutes each.  Last week I did weight training once and ran on the treadmill twice, 30 minutes each.  I had a baby with strep throat and of course a bunch of other things going on that derailed me.  So, my overall plan is to do cardio 3-4 times a week and weights 4 times (upper body and core and then lower body), but that's pretty ambitious right now and I am not going to beat myself up if it doesn't happen. 

For weight training, I get exercises from Fitness and Shape Magazines mostly.  They have a lot on their websites; you can also check the back issues out from your library.  I also have some home workout videos that I like so I will mix those in when I get bored.  For cardio, sometimes I just try to run the whole time but I've also been trying to do more HIIT (high intensity interval training), which I like.  Google HIIT and you'll find all kinds of info and plans. 

My meal plan this week is pretty similar to last week's.  I added a couple of different recipes I got from skinnytaste.com- santa fe turkey stuffed peppers for one.  Sorry no pictures= boring post!

 If you are really looking for an intense program google "Jamie Eason's Live Fit Trainer".  It's a free meal plan and workout plan on bodybuilding.com.  It lasts for 12 weeks.  I would love to do it, but it is gym based and I just can't devote that much time right now.  But in the future, I may try to do a modified version.

I did make some homemade coconut chocolate almond butter that turned out pretty amazing.  I will try to post that recipe soon.


Post a Comment