Search This Blog

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

>> Tuesday, August 9, 2011


I guess Beth and I are on the same page with the whole peanut butter and chocolate thing.  Before I go on, I must say 1) I am not skinny.  I wish I were being modest, but not so.  2)  Beth just had a baby.  Like, less than 2 weeks ago.  Crazy girl to even call herself non-skinny.  Pshaw... Is that how you spell that?

I have never been a huge fan of peanut butter cookies.  Probably because they don't contain any chocolate!  I mean, they're ok but nothing I crave.  But then I saw these cookies on a blog I read called How Sweet It Is.  They're very good and very easy.  The only tricky part is that in order for them to be soft, you must take them out before they look done.  And store them in a tupperware container with a slice of bread to keep them soft.

Here's the recipe.  Please stop by to see the original recipe because it's a great blog.  Lots of yummy recipes!!

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
8 tablespoons of salted butter, melted and cooled
6 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter, melted and cooled
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Add butter and peanut butter to a microwave safe bowl, and heat in 30 second increments until melted. Let cool completely.
Mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside. In another bowl, mix the cooled butter/peanut butter and sugars until they are combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and stir until mixed. Gradually add flour and mix until a dough forms – it will look crumbly at first, but it will come together. I even used my hands to bring it all together. If necessary, add 1-2 teaspoons of milk, but I did not need this. Fold in chocolate chips.
Shape the dough into a ball the size of a golfball. Place on a baking sheet two inches apart and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown. The centers should be soft and puffy. Do not over bake. Let cool completely then dig in!   Makes about 18 cookies.

And I can't give you better endorsement for this recipe than this:




Post a Comment