>> Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Today we built a new swing set for the kids! My parents and Steve's dad came this morning to
help assemble the new swing set. I bought a kit on Amazon that included instructions, brackets, swings and a canopy and then I purchased the wood and screws separately as well as a glider swing. I took photos of the entire process and wanted to share :)
Mom and Molly sitting on one of the piles of wood.
I had two little boys who "helped"the entire day. The past week they have been telling everyone that someone "sole our old swing set so we are building a new one." I actually sold the old one on craigslist, but whatever :)
Getting there, but so much more to do!
For those of you who know my dad, you won't believe this photo...WHAT!? He's actually reading the INSTRUCTIONS? Maybe he was just posing for the picture :)
The boys helped me screw on the deck boards and then we paused for a photo op.
Putting the swing hangers on the beam. Oh, and the kids decided they didn't want to wait any longer. Who cares that the ladder to get up isn't built yet...just climb up the slide!
SWINGS!! I still need to buy one more set of swing hangers for Molly's swing, which will go between the boys' swings.
Almost there! Just need to finish adding the safety boards around the "fort".
Finished for now...just need to hang the glider on the cantilever area (I forgot to buy the hangers for it), add Molly's swing, stain and add the sand. Oh, and you can't really tell from this photo, but the yard kinda goes downhill towards the fence, so I need to dig some holes for the A frame brace to go into to make it level...right now it goes uphill.
Oh, and just to compare, here is a picture of the previous swing set. It was similar except it was about 20 years old, wobbly, leaning and it only held 3 swings. It's hard to tell with the different angle but the new one is much bigger, sturdier and will hold 3 swings plus the glider.
It was a great team effort and I'm so excited to have this project almost finished :)